Friday, May 2, 2014

Ladytimes and Exercise are good, except... when they're not

So I didn't blog yesterday, but I might have been working on my newest obsession Edgewood, (shameless plug). And... didn't run. I know, one day off back to work - but there was no moving yesterday. After groaning and stretching today, I might have run on sheer stubborn will to keep at this.

I blame my period. My second day is.. really hard. The first day too, I feel like I've been leeched dry for a good two days and the desire to sit on the couch underneath my sock monkey blanket and stuff my face with bad food and watch supernatural reruns. Or Grimm. Or whatever obsessive show I'm drooling over that day.

But today I stretched, I did good too I think and popped my ear buds in, took a deep breath.. and I didn't make it as far as I did the first day. I had to stop to walk a few times, lungs didn't want to cooperate and breathe. I always feel guilty, but then I take a few minutes to catch my breath - and I start again and I realize that I don't have to be like that guy running who's been doing it for years.. and this is one step on a journey.

Wish me luck, next week.. two laps. I'm not going to for myself to run the whole time, but twice around the loop. Even if it's a full time walking. With getting out of school and my physical movement likely being cut down while the kiddos are still in school limited to my knowledge that I'll likely hide inside for a few days before our vacation.. gonna need it.

Hope Everyone's having a great and safe weekend!

2 comments:

  1. New to running? You should try a couch to 5K program.. its intervals of time instead of distance. i'm going to be hitting up week 2 tomorrow so an extra minute of running. It gives you a good way to push yourself, but also set limits so that you don't over do it. Hit me up on facebook if you want to know the schedule I'm following. Keep at it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I might try to find one! And I def. will! I know there's a few apps out there that try to help too - I just know my anxiety acts up wierd about it. I feel like if it's too much I won't do it, and if it's too little I'll be like 'maaahh I Can do more!"

    ReplyDelete